Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yes, Ice Cube, Today Was A Good Day

Another great lunch today. I solved the rich brownie issue in a brilliant way. The genius details below:
  • pressed tuna sandwich
  • roasted brussell sprouts
  • carrots
  • no pudge brownie
  • special sauce
The second day of this pressed tuna sandwich and it was even better! The pesto soaked into the crusty french bread a lot deeper and the tuna was still really moist. It is kind of hard to eat because the bread is tough and the contents are loose so there ends up being a lot of fallen tuna and veggies in my dish at the end. It's okay, I just scoop it up with the spoon and shovel it in my cake hole. Cuz, I'm classy like that. Anyway, the big news is: MIXED BERRY COMPOTE! I stewed up some frozen berries last night and poured them over my brownie today. It was like a restaurant dessert and it really cut the chocolatey richness. Winner!

Speaking of winning . . . we got our CSA share tonight. Nothing bloody or too squishy. Lots of deliciousness.
See, not scary at all.
  • arugula
  • leeks
  • kale
  • chili peppers
  • lettuce
  • potatoes
  • delicata squashes
  • red sweet peppers
  • tomatoes (big reds and little yellows)
  • carrots (purple, yellow, and orange)
I was so relieved and thrilled at the same time. I've already got a bunch of ideas for using most of this haul.
Seriously, what can we do with all those chilies? I'm not a fan of spicy food and neither is my co-habitant. We've already got 2 habaneros and a jalapeno sitting in our freezer from the last CSA share! Oh well, I'll figure something out. Meanwhile, we'll be cooking up a storm this week. It is on like Donkey Kong!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My suggestion with the peppers would be to chop them up with a bunch of basil and sautee in olive oil (or another oil of your choosing) and use as a sauce for fish, meat or other veggies. I've been doing the pepper/basil mix for quite some time because the taste of the basil cuts down the pepper to something much less hot. Hope that helps. Great blog=)

    ReplyDelete