Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mambo Italiano

Back in the saddle again with fresh veggies. Also, today's lunch was another inadvertent completely vegetarian meal. The ovo-lacto details below:
  • kale, zucchini and portobello mushroom lasagna
  • salad (red romaine lettuce, arugula, sweet peppers, purple carrots)
  • salad dressing
  • more carrots (they're fantastic!)
  • no pudge brownie
  • mixed berry compote
The lasagna was our dinner for the past couple nights and it made a great lunch. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles. I hear a lot of people complaining about whole wheat pasta, but I've never had a problem with it. Maybe that's because I'm not really a big pasta eater. I could take of leave it. I do like to get my gob around anything that is a carrier of cheesy goodness and pasta usually aids in that pursuit. Anyway, I'm burying the lede here.

I made tomato sauce!

It took a long time and it was very messy but I made a delicious slow roasted tomato sauce with most of the tomatoes from our last CSA haul. I'm going to do the same thing with the tomatoes we got in yesterday's haul too! Since we got little yellow tomatoes and medium sized green tomatoes I'm doubly excited to see what they taste like in a sauce. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment