Monday, October 11, 2010

Spot On Monday

Today's lunch was right on target. It satisfied all my cravings: crunchy, chewy, sweet, savory, garlicky. The bull's eye details below.
  • pressed tuna sandwich
  • garlic roasted brussell sprouts
  • corn on the cob
  • fudge brownie with dried cranberries
The best part of lunch was definitely the sandwich. It's a super simple, fancy sounding French thing called a Pan Bagnat.
I mixed 3 cans of unsalted white albacore tuna and mixed diced red onion and the last of the CSA bell peppers and parsley, a handful of chopped up steamed brussell sprouts, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. The kicker is that I smeared some pesto on the bread. I pressed it overnight in the fridge. The Mister and I are probably going to be having this for lunch for the rest of the week. I made a lot of it.
I was missing a homemade dessert last week but I got too lazy to make something good from scratch. I saw this No Pudge brownie mix and Whole Foods and the ingredient list was short and made up of things I could recognize as food, so I figured it was worth a try. But they are kind of a flop. Or, I guess I should say, I forgot I don't really like brownies. They are too rich and chocolatey. I can't believe I just wrote that. Maybe I am growing up. Anyway, I couldn't mix cranberries into the batter because of my fella's berry allergy so I sprinkled some on top to add some tartness to it. I think I'm going to have to fix it up with something even more dramatic and sharp tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The sandwich looks amazing! I'm definately going to try that one!

    ReplyDelete