Thursday, October 7, 2010

Longest Day Ever

What a day! Another go-go day that ended too late and started too early. It seemed endless and I'm pooped. At least the food was good. The energizing details below.
  • chicken enchiladas sitting on a pile of homemade refried beans
  • cucumber and pepper spears with salad dressing dipper
  • honeydew melon balls
  • fruit & grain bar
I found a can of pinto beans in the cupboard and set to mashing and frying them with olive oil and onions in no time. The decorative parsley sprig was a last minute addition after seeing the insanely cute and artistic bento box lunches on some other blogs. I think I'm going to try to start making more effort with the aesthetics of my lunch box. I'm not saying I'm going to be up all night rolling rice into the shape of a polar bear, but I might add a bit more flair here and there.

Anyway, I knew I was in for a long day so I also packed a hearty breakfast. It helped a lot. I didn't get hungry for lunch until almost 2:oo and I could focus on all the work that was burying me.

I'm dead tired. Tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment