Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot

We're getting cooler weather here these days and I'm compensating for it with hot and comforting dinners. Last night was Mexican, which means that today's lunch was too. The spicy details below:
  • Chicken enchilada
  • cucumber and pepper spears with salad dressing dipper
  • corn on the cob
  • honeydew melon balls
My only complaint is that low fat cheese sucks on hot food. There's really no other way to say it. It doesn't really melt! Even when we had it for dinner last night, fresh out of the oven there was like a 6 minute window of meltiness that we enjoyed before the cheese got hard. Oh well. It was still so tasty and exciting for lunch today. It's going to be in tomorrow's lunch box too, so I think I'll try to come up with a way to make it even more Mexican.

We're out of lettuce and I'm really missing my little side salads. It's coming next week in the CSA so I'm not about to go out and buy any from the Stupid Market (that's what I call the overpriced grocery store around the corner from my apartment). I think this is another example of how growing up in a California agricultural city has jaded me. I can't deal with the produce prices and limited options in New York City. And, don't even get me started on the lack of produce/outrageous pricing for what little is actually offered in Harlem! Man, how did I get up on this soap box? I'll climb down now and move on to other matters.

Oh! This is long overdue, but I want to say a big THANK YOU to Lou for tagging me for a Versatile Blogger Award. It makes me so happy that she liked my blog enough to include in on her list. Thanks again, Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment