Monday, January 24, 2011

6!!

It was 6 degrees when I left for work this morning. SIX! I really almost called in "cold" to work. Anyway, I put on a million layers of clothing and headed out the door. It's days like this that I'm glad I don't have to leave the office to scavenge for food at lunch.
  • 1 cup grapefruit cocktail (fresh grapefruit, ginger juice, honey)
  • turkey sandwich (light whole-wheat bread, fat free mayonnaise, 3 slices deli turkey)
  • 3/4 sugar snap peas
  • 3/4 ancient grains salad
  • clementine
The new addition today was this ancient grains salad. It's made up of wheatberries, kamut, black barley, pearled barley, bell pepper, waterchestnuts, carrots, carrot juice, tofu, onion, sesame seeds, mirin, rice wine vinegar, tamari, agave nectar, ginger, and dijon mustard. I picked it up at Whole Foods this weekend solely for health reasons. I've never had a desire to eat something like this before. Mainly because...well...KAMUT! I don't even know what that is. I don't know what most of these "ancient" grains are.

As you know, I'm not very adventurous with food, so I figured getting this salad was a baby step. I have almost no aversions to the things in this salad. Except for maybe waterchestnuts. In my head, a waterchestnut is a nut, so I don't like the idea of it being wet. Anyway, I picked it out. Overall, I'm not in love with the ancient grain salad. I only ate about a third of it. I'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's been WAY TOO COLD. Anyway, in regard to the spinning shoes, sadly... I have not used them yet. But I intend to this week! I got them at Sid's Bike Shop for 40% off!

    ReplyDelete