- 1 cup homemade chili (kidney beans, veggies, shredded chicken)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup frozen peaches
- 3/4 fat free vanilla yogurt
I got a comment asking for the recipe for the vegan pumpkin apple muffins that I had last week. It was adapted from this recipe. But here is how I ended up making it:
Vegan Pumpkin Apple Muffins
16 ounces pumpkin puree (I roasted a small pumpkin and pureed it)
3/4 cup applesauce (I boiled 3 apples and blended it until smooth)
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups flour (1 cup white whole wheat + 1 cup unbleached all purpose)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put paper muffin cups in your muffin tin. In a large bowl mix wet ingredients and spices and salt.
2. Stir the flour and baking soda into the wet and mix with a spoon. Fold in the peeled and chopped apple.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for approximately 50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Obviously, if you don't have the threat of rotting apples and pumpkin looming over you there is no reason to make the pumpkin puree and applesauce. Just buy it from the store.
Anyway, it's Friday and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Who cares if it's going to be 20 degrees!