Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peachy Keen

Today's lunch was pretty good. Not spectacular, but solid. The reliable details below:
  • salad with 3 oz grilled chicken (romaine lettuce, carrots, bell peppers)
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • thawed frozen peaches
  • fat free vanilla yogurt
  • clementine
Am I the only one that finds salads sort of difficult to eat? I always want to get all of the the ingredients on the fork so I end up stuffing my face. Well, there are harder trials in life.

I got a new bag of frozen peaches this weekend and I broke it open for the first time today. Mmmm. I really think I will never get sick of eating these peaches. They are definitely not as satisfying as eating a fresh, perfectly ripe peach. But, they remind me of eating canned peaches. I'm sheepishly proud (is that even possible) to say that I used to love canned peaches, pears, and the ultimate in bastardization, "fruit cocktail" as a kid. I remember my sister and brother and I would fight over who got the highly prized and all too rare maraschino cherry. The worst part was the squishy grapes, which I always picked out. Anyway, it's weird how my little peach pots reminds me of such a specific time in my life. Food memories, people!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty lunch today!

    Yes, Salads are SO difficult to for me to eat, too- I take the biggest bites ever!

    Actually, confession: I was meeting friends for coffee today, and i had packed a salad for lunch as well... I actually rushed there so I could get there 15 minutes early so I could finish eating my salad BEFORE they got there. To embarrassing to eat in public.

    Missed ya tonight!

    XO

    ReplyDelete