Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Soup. Old Psychosis.

Oh, the winds of change are ablowin'. I was so excited about today's lunch that I started nibbling bits of it before the crack of noon. Here are the details that had me doing the Jesse Spano I'm So Excited Dance:
  • turkey meatloaf
  • celeriac soup
  • garlic croutons (made from whole wheat baguette)
  • strawberries
  • sauteed kale with garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes
Wow! How do I begin to tell you how awesome this was? The meatloaf was made by My Beloved and so was the soup and croutons. It took every ounce of willpower I could muster to not gobble up the meatloaf on the first night we had it. It's so moist and savory. And he snuck in some spinach to add some extra veggie power. Speaking of veggies...
Guys! That's what celeriac looks like! When we got that thing in our CSA box last month I was terrified. So much so that I was happy to "forget" that it was lurking in the back of the fridge. Mr. Man, however, laughed in the face of fear and got to work.

He used this recipe and even made the garlic croutons to go with it. I loved the flavor of this soup. The texture, on the other hand, was a bit difficult for me. You guys know I have texture issues. The smooth yet grainy consistency of the soup coupled with the fact it looks like wallpaper paste make it difficult for me to mentally enjoy it. I wonder if I'll ever get over this. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

I also packed breakfast today. Steelcut oatmeal, cinnamon, 2 sugar cubes and more strawberries. Yummers tummers.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I thought I was the only person to have texture issues with food, but I am getting better. I can now eat strawberries and poppy seeds, but there are still quite a few things out there that I can't eat because of the texture - like the fuzzy peach, I just can't get past the fuzz!

    ReplyDelete