Monday, March 21, 2011

Muhndy Miracle

Back to the grind. Nothing too spectacular about today's lunch. There is one new (to me) element, however. Take a look and guess:
  • 2 blood oranges
  • broccoli
  • roast turkey slices with herbs and lite harvati cheese on Ezekiel bread
I've been reading a lot of healthy food/fitness blogs and it seems like everyone is eating this Ezekiel bread. so, (always one to jump on a good bandwagon) I got myself a loaf. It's not as high in fiber as the last loaf of bread I got but it is a lot more hearty and rich tasting. I think it's gluten free or something and the ingredients are all recognizable so I guess that's why health nuts like it. Anyway, the jury is still out about it, as far as I am concerned. I don't have any gluten allergies so I don't think I need to eliminate it. On the other hand, I do like eating bread that I could have made in my own kitchen. Maybe that will be my next project.
Moving on. I packed another breakfast today. It's becoming a pretty regular habit now that I'm exercising in the morning and the evening. Yep, that's right, I'm turning in to a 2-A-Day gym goer. I'm not sure how long I'll be able/willing to keep it up. For now, it's cardio (spinning, swimming, aerobics) in the morning and strength (yoga, pilates, kettle bells) in the evening. I think all the hard work is paying off in surprising ways. For instance, breakfast was indulgent on purpose but I chose not to indulge.
  • 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 Tbsp of Nutella
  • 1/3 cup strawberries
I actually DIDN'T EAT THE NUTELLA! There is no way for me to describe how unheard of this is. I just didn't feel like putting all that chocolate in my gob after busting my hump on a spin bike this morning. Shocking! Usually, I Hoover up any morsel of chocolate withing a 50 foot range of my cake hole, but not today. It's a Christmas Miracle, Charlie Brown. Keeping myself on the straight and narrow in the face of temptation has always been impossible for me. Somehow, today I managed to get a grip. Maybe I'll celebrate this mini milestone. Maybe a Nutella sandwich. Just kidding! I'm eatin' a mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment