Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Day Lunch

It's Valentine's Day and my focus was more on tonight's dinner than on today's lunch. My beaux made a very special meal complete with cocktails and dessert so I made sure to eat light at lunch. The low cal details below:
  • turkey sandwich (3 turkey slices, 1 slice reduced fat cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon lite mayo, spinach) on light whole wheat bread
  • bell pepper slices
  • balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing dipper
  • carrots from the CSA
  • sugar snap peas
  • Kashi TLC Fruit & Grain bar
We got our final winter CSA box this weekend. Lots of familiar goodies.

  • yellow-fleshed potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
  • an onion
  • carrots
  • beets
  • popcorn on the cob
  • a bag containing dried hot chiles
  • black turtle beans
  • a bag of mixed greens
  • a small package of dried dill
  • a butternut squash
  • a celeriac bulb
  • a bag of apples (mostly ‘Honey Crisp’)
  • half gallon of cider.
I'm excited to used most of this stuff but there are also several "offenders" here too. Beets and sweet potatoes are two of my most feared/hated foods. The color and texture are so gross. The celeriac bulb we got is huge. I'm surprisingly interested in eating it this time. We've gotten it before in the box and I just let it fester in the back of the fridge because it was so small. This one is too big to ignore so I think I'm going to try to make some sort of mashed potato-like thing. Well, stay tuned for more adventures in vegetables.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment