Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Side Show

I played a little trick on myself. I had some really unhealthy components in my lunch today, but I made them side dishes. After eating all my veggies I found the treats more satisfying. Here we go:
  • 1 cup sugar snap peas
  • 1 cup sliced bell pepper
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
  • 2 tbsp mixed berry compote (frozen berries cooked in a pan until it's syrupy)
  • flourless chocolate cake (baked by my Valentine)
  • curried chicken with brown rice (also made by Mr. Luvvah Luvvah)
The side dishes are leftovers from the incredible Valentine's Day dinner my honey bun made for us. I was kind of unsure about taking the curried chicken to work because I knew it would smell up the entire office. Well, I nuked it for a minute but then I put a cup of hot coffee in the microwave to neutralize the smell. It worked pretty well.

I've been hitting the ol' gymbo again this week and have been coming home more tired than hungry. That means I've been gobbling up some fruit or a Luna Bar when I get home and then falling into bed. So, this dinner leftovers are really going to last for a lot of lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment