- 3 cups chopped yellow onions (2 large onions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 pounds chicken sausage (peel off the casing first)
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan, over medium-low heat, cook the onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme until translucent, but not browned, approximately 15 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste and mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Combine the ground turkey, chicken sausage meat, bread crumbs, eggs, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 hour until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F. and the meatloaf is cooked through.