Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Adventures In Burritoing

 I made a risky move with lunch today.  I essentially put soup in a bag.  But it worked:

  • roasted Brussels sprouts
  • vanilla cake with chocolate frosting (all organic, but still fattening)
  • beef chili with low fat cheddar cubes wrapped in a TJ whole wheat tortilla
  • raspberries
Day 3 of eating this awesome chili for lunch and I decided to try having a chili burrito.  It was a little drippy but really delicious.  

I actually used a smaller portion of chili than I would normally eat to accommodate the tortilla.  I could have done with a bit more cheese, but I didn't want to make it any more unhealthy than it already is.  And that's another thing.  My lunches this week are not doing me any favors in the weight loss/don't get any fatter department.  I know I should be eating lighter and more vegetable based meals if I'm ever going to shift this pudge.  But, man...meat and sugar have got me twisted!  I wish I was one of those people who could do some sort of "detox" from sugar and meat but I don't have it in me.  Besides, I like them too much quit cold turkey.

Are there any foods that you feel you need to detox from?  Do you even believe in the whole detox thing?

5 comments:

  1. Sugar and carbs and more carbs, especially homemade bread. Oh how i love soft fluffy breads and bagels, but they never do me any favors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were mentioned today on Laptop Lunches Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe in detoxing; more all things in moderation. But I do have a weakness for sandwiches, which is why I tend to avoid packing sandwiches of any sort for lunch. The kind of lunch you packed shouldn't really contribute to packing on the pounds, though--unless there are things in the cake I don't know about!

    I don't know what to tell you about the sugar; my way of dealing with that is to eat fruit, which you've already done. But as for the meat--I think meat is fine (actually, it's great, because you've got to have protein), it's just about the choices one makes. So I like to put the meat, typically, in one of the little containers on the right, and it is often some slices off a lean cut.

    But I will confess to having a particular weakness for pecan pie, which is really tough this time of year! Pecan pie is downright evil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since the summer I've made a commitment to "meatless Mondays". I'm doing something good for me, AND something good for the planet. It's a pretty painless way to do both.

    ReplyDelete