Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Toothsome Bunch

What a day! Lots to do and plenty to eat.
  • 2 clementines
  • sauteed spinach with mushrooms, onions, garlic and red pepper flakes
  • roasted tiny potatoes
  • 4 oz. of roasted lamb
  • strawberries
We are sick of chicken here at the Estate. So, I decided to make lamb for our Sunday dinner this week. I threw it into my cart without a care in the world and when I got to the checkout I was horrified to discovery that the blasted thing cost a whopping $22! I was too smitten with the idea of a lamb feast on a spring night to put it back so I'm stretching it as far as I can. It was delicious on Sunday, but it's gotten a bit rubbery now. Lots of chewing. As it would happen, I got a last minute dentist appointment tonight after work and the hygienist gave my teeth a good working over. Now my gums are swollen and my stomach is grumbling. I think I'll leave the rest of the lamb for the Hungry Man of the house and I'll have a smoothie for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment