Monday, April 25, 2011

Last Night Remembered

Another Monday, another Sunday dinner for lunch:
Guess what? The smell of microwaved salmon is not a favorite among the people in my office. Oh well, they were just jealous that they didn't have a fabulous lunch like mine. The highlight were the scrumptious roasted potatoes that my fella made. All he did was peel and slice some potatoes and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika and then bung them in the oven at 425F for 30 minutes. Oh boy, were they tasty!

I read this great article about sugar last week it's been weighing on me a lot. It discusses the idea that sugar is not merely empty calories that make you put on weight, but it's actually a lethal poison that is slowly killing the Western world. I even watched the hour and a half seminar video outlining the science behind the theory. So now what? It's a compelling argument and I especially like the chemical and impact comparison of ethanol (booze) to fructose (sugar). Everyone who has ever eaten a slice of cake knows that too much sugar is never enough, but is it really poisonous? Food for thought. Unsweetened food, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment