Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let's Hear It For The Boo!

It's been a long day, but I finally made it home in one piece. Let's jump right in. Shall we?
  • turkey meatloaf
  • roasted potatoes
  • red grapes
  • broccoli
  • light cheddar cheese stick
My main man has been on quite the cooking spree this week. He made another batch of those gorgeous roasted potatoes for dinner last night and they found their way into my lunchbox today. Honestly, sometimes leftovers are the most comfortable and welcomed sight in the morning when I'm figuring out what to make for lunch. Thank goodness he's been in the mood to cook for us this week because I know I sure haven't felt like doing it.

I'm a bit disappointed in myself tonight because I caved and had half of a cupcake tonight at a comedy show. I know in the grand scheme of this is not a big deal at all. In fact, it could even be seen as a triumph since I didn't eat the whole thing, or more than one, for that matter. However, after reading all that stuff about the toxicity of sugar I really wanted to break my cravings for the stuff. I told myself that I was not longer going to have sweets (candy, cakes, ice cream,or sugared drinks, etc.) unless it was a special occasion or "worth it" in some way. I know that's how most healthy eaters operate, but for me that is an extreme lifestyle change. I don't think I've ever gone more than 24 hours without eating something sugary. I'm not kidding. If it's not jam on toast in the morning, it's an "energy bar" (which is basically an overpriced, extra chemicalized candy bar) in the afternoon or vanilla yogurt at night. And that's when I'm trying to be healthy. On a bad day it's nonstop chocolate and cakes. Anyway, that's why that article kind of shook me up. I feel like I have a real problem with sugar so the obvious thing for me to do was cut out sweets. I was doing a pretty good job this week until tonight. Anyway, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to get diabetes from half a (moist, delicious, creamy, fluffy) cupcake. But, I will have to strengthen my resolve if I'm going to kick this thing. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate...We are all creatures of habit, when you are use to something it can get difficult to break the cycle. I’ve been cutting out bad things from my diet a little at a time. One of which is sugary and caffeine drinks. I drink at least 5-6 bottles of water a day and I’m so happy that I have been able to stick to it, because lord knows how much other "bad habits" I have yet to break.

    ReplyDelete