Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Varietay tay

Today's lunch was pretty well rounded and sort of experimental.
  • Amy's Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup-Light in Sodium
  • edamame, corn, mushroom and roasted pepper salad from Whole Foods
  • thawed out frozen peaches
  • grilled low fat colby/jack cheese on light whole wheat bread
Oh yeah, I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and it was great! Well, it wasn't hot, and the cheese wasn't melted but it was a grilled cheese sandwich. I made it in the morning and let it cool before I put it in my box. I liked it and I'll probably have it again because it seems "lunchy" to me. The edamame salad was just ok. It was a little too sweet and for me. I bet I could make one that is more to my liking. Maybe that's a project for a future day. Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you go to Trader Joe's, pick up their "Soycutash" in the frozen foods aisle - it's a mixture of shelled edamame, corn, and red peppers - the BEST salad base EVER. You can go mexican or asian with it, depending on your mood and/or seasonings you have on hand. I also like to stir a little of it into a good chunky salsa...or a black bean soup....

    ReplyDelete