Hello again! Get ready for a ride on the lunch train. Here's what I've been eating for the past few weeks:
- Bowl of salad with mixed greens, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, grilled salmon
- cara cara orange
- Trader Joe's sandwich slim
- 3 clementines
- green salad (I keep the salad dressing in the fridge at work)
- tuna salad (with a little bit of veggie frittata mixed in)
- Breakfast: egg white & veggie frittata with a slice of Ezekiel (we have a toaster at work too)
- lunch: salad bowl full of mixed greens, cucumbers, bell peppers, salmon (at the bottom of the bowl) and balsamic vinaigrette
- breakfast: same old veggie frittata
- strawberries (I put them in my oatmeal, packets of which are kept at my desk at work)
- grapefruit cocktail (I forgot how delicious this is)
- mixed green salad with cucumbers and bell peppers
- boiled potatoes (yellow skin, red skin, and PURPLE)
- whole wheat pasta with a little bit of chicken sausage and lots of Brussels sprouts and tomatoes
- turkey meatballs
Phew! That was a long one!
I may or may not have had a Miss America viewing partying this weekend, where I may or may not have served a boiling pot of cheesy fondue in which I definitely dipped potatoes, Brussels sprouts and broccoli instead of bread. I also, allegedly, served a big pot of creamy chocolate fondue as well and dipped the strawberries and some bananas in it. Sooo, even though I tried not to have leftovers this year (all three weeks of it), most of my veggies this weeks were leftover from this supposed party that might have happened on Saturday night.
I'm going out to dinner at a steakhouse tomorrow night so it's going to be veggie frittata and salad again tomorrow. So far, my packed food has been the best damage control for my late night muchies habit and dinners out with friends. It's restaurant week here and I know I want to try some of the places that I'd normally never be able to afford, but it's going to be tough to not over indulge. I figure if I fill up on broccoli and fruit all day I'll be too bloated to eat an entire 10 oz. steak and 2 slices of cheesecake at night. I hope so, anyway!