Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Sweet Spring

I went dessert crazy last week:

  •  cara cara oranges
  • Brussels sprouts (I steam them in the microwave for 1 minute)
  • smoked salmon and light havarti cheese sandwich
  • blueberry muffin 
I had brunch at my friend's house over the weekend and I swiped one of the yummy blueberry muffins she made.  That was the beginning of the end.


  • turkey bologna and cheese sandwich
  • Brussels sprouts
  • salt and pepper garbanzo beans
  • peached and blackberries (they start out frozen and thaw perfectly by lunchtime)

I always attempt to redeem myself midweek.  But I spiraled into a sugary and fat filled k-hole by the end of the week.

  •  3 layer chicken enchilada
  • Brussels sprouts
  • vanilla cake with chocolate frosting 
  • blackberries and peaches
I was craving cheesy chunky chicken enchiladas so I slapped together a sort of lasagna inspired version.  If you want the "recipe" let me know.  It's pretty easy since I used Trader Joe's enchilada sauce.  And the cake...well, it happened.  It was used for dessert after a big dinner/game night we had and of course I dropped a piece into my lunch box.  


  • another huge hunk of enchilada
  • salt and pepper garbanzo beans
  • Cadbury cream egg 
  • blackberries and peaches
Yep!  I ended the week by eating cheese and candy for lunch.   It was Good Friday, after all!  I'll try to do better this week.  But I think I'm still in a bit of a  self destructive slump.  Well, I'm never going to go full out and not pack a lunch or eat a 100% junk lunch.  But I feel like I'm on a slippery slope.

3 comments:

  1. Yay to see you guys get the good ole Cadbury Creme eggs there and: You had to work on Good Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. musim yang cocok untuk santai dan makan makan buah

    ReplyDelete